Now displaying: Page 1
Mar 6, 2017
There are a lot of misconceptions about hospice and that's why I asked Jennifer to be on the show. She shared with us the important truth about hospice:
- Recommended reading is "Being Mortal". You can watch the documentary on Front Line.
- National Hospice has a FAQ that answers common questions such as:
- When is the right time to ask about hospice?
- How does care begin?
- Will I be the only hospice patient that the staff serves?
- Is care available after hours?
- How does it work to keep the patient comfortable?
- What role does the volunteer serve?
- If I reside in a nursing facility or other type of long-term care facility can I elect hospice care?
- What happens if I cannot stay at home due to my increasing care need and require a different place to stay during my final phase of life?
- Do state and federal reviewers inspect and evaluate hospices?
- How can I be sure that quality care is provided?
Read more HERE.
©(c) 2017 Katherine Kline